11/09/2012

Feeling Like i Need Eyes and Ears Filters

Lately the reality of living in a mixed and corrupt world has just been starring at me on the face or should i say on my eyes and ears.

The environment around me is filled with talk and words that i would consider ungodly. People are cursing, others are plotting things that are just not morally right and sights that are unsightly are on my eyes. 

I do need to replace my ears and eyes filter as it seems as though they have been overworked filtering messages. It is a wonderful and nice thing to be in the presence of people who share your core values and aren't constantly tempting you. People whose talk is filled with language that builds, people who think of things that are right, pure, lovely, just, of a good report...... as indicated in Phil 4:8. But as a christian you cannot seclude yourself, where are all in this world to co-exist.

In such times i remind myself that we are all God's children and that He loves us all. That i am where i am today because of the grace of God and not by my power. In addition i'm in no way perfect, i'm still a work in progress in God's hand and others had to lovingly bear with me while i was living in the world and others still are in my areas of weakness. I can therefore only pray for others, that they also might know Christ, that the holy spirit will get to work in their lives and convict them of sin.


No comments: