11/09/2011

Blogging live from Addis

It’s been a while (read about 12 months) since i was last in this country, Ethiopia. The place brings to me some very fond memories and particularly since the first time i ever entered a plane to take a real trip and not for some primary school learning session brought me to Ethiopia and that was quite something! All the procedures in the airport, the check-in and i remember i had my belt, earrings, bangles and many other things beeping at the security checks, finding out what the food tastes like on the plan and it also took me an entire week packing my suitcase, talk of doing something for the first time!

Well, it’s interesting how this time round i packed on Sunday night and i left on Monday and i was only interested in attending the workshop, doing my information management work, offer support to the logistics team and take the 1st flight back to Nairobi no chance to greet my friends from here, or probably it is because i have so many other things going on parallel back home. Nevertheless, besides the extreme cold and nursing a wet nose, i am enjoying eating my injera and am wondering will i really get sometime off to go and shop, for some reason i always find clothes that fit me better here than when am at home, where i find them an inch bigger.

My plane leaves tomorrow (Thursday) night and then I hop off to Eldoret to join the rest of my family to saying goodbye to my brother-in-law’s mum. Quite a week for someone who doesn't quite like operating from the suitcase but i still appreciate the change of weather! c'est la vie

No comments: